Thursday, September 4, 2008

32-week Sonogram: My Baby's Face

Yesterday we got an ultrasound to confirm that VJ is situated head-down in the uterus, ready to go for the birth already. The good news is that he is - so there should be no worries about our having a breach baby, and thus having a C-section (for that reason, at least). We also got a glimpse of VJ's face - although it was very VERY hazy.



Here is a transcription of our dialogue:
(Dad Scott is hanging out in the back, playing the important yet silent role of camera man/)
I am saying to our mid-wife: "Is that the top of his head?"
"Yeah," the mid-wife whispers. "Look, he's looking around!" I exclaim.
She responds, "Yeah," again and then chuckles.
Then the image changes, and I ask: "What's that?" She says, "His Face." [PAUSE]
"Ohhhh, I see!" (I see it, but it is VERY VERY hard to make out any real features. VJ's face is on its side; his chin is on the far left of the ultrasound monitor. The most visible thing on the sonogram is his right eye.)
"You see?" "Yeah!" Then the image changes again. Our mid-wife is about to show us VJ's healthy beating heart. The video winds down now, after 30 seconds.
From what I can tell, our little guy has a very square jaw - don't know where he got that - and big eyes (I DO know where he got those).

No comments: