Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Baby Seat

Today Scott and I made our second "big" purchase for our baby: a baby seat. I got a great deal, which I found about 5 blocks away, advertised on craigslist. The babyseat we got was a Graco Car Seat SNUGRIDE in the gender neutral color of "WINDSOR- Green." It kind of looks like the image I included here.

The seat was only $35 - a steal - gratefully, since it will only work until our baby is 20 pounds. Then we will have to find yet another seat. Even though it was "used," it was practically brand new. I confirmed from the owner that it had never been in any accidents either.

The seat is really cute, but I was surprised how it, alone, already is kind of heavy. It's gonna be really heavy once we get a newborn in there!!

Another great feature about the seat is that it can be fitted up with a matching car-seat frame to make a stroller. I added this car-seat frame to one of the registries that we have been encouraged to set up. (More about our many on-line registries to follow.)

No comments: