Thursday, October 23, 2008

2-week checkup


VJ and I are going to the doctor's today for his 2-week check-up. We are hoping that he has gained a little weight this week and is at least back up to his birth weight of 7lbs 10 oz.

I'm actually hopeful that he has gained even a little more weight than that. This week we noticed that the little monkey has gained a bit of double chin. Hopefully that is a good sign that he is aready plumping out and starting to grow up nice and healthfully.

Getting to the doctor's is going to be my first real challenge without Dad, who went back to work on Tuesday (3 days ago). After giving birth, the hospital recommended that I not drive for two weeks - that is, until this past Tuesday. Today will be my first time driving since then - trying to manage getting the baby in the car seat all by myself, driving alone with the baby in the back, and then carrying him in the carrier/sling into the doc's office.

I don't think it will be that hard, but probably will take more time that I expect. We'll keep you posted. The picture here, by the way, is VJ on Dad's lap last night. We just learned in a book called Happiest Baby on the Block that holding the baby on his side or stomach is a good way to soothe him. (Not a good idea for putting the baby down to sleep though, just for when he is awake and alert)

No comments: