Wednesday, June 11, 2008

MomsJustKnow.com

I just shamelessly cut and pasted the list below of things to buy for a newborn. I stole it from my friend's amazing starter website www.momsjustknow.com because I wanted to keep it at arm's reach as we prepare for VJ's arrival.

What do I need to keep my baby happy & healthy at home?
o nasal aspirator
o diaper rash ointment
o 2 packages of disposable diapers
o 2 dozen cloth diapers (for burp cloths)
o gentle baby soap
o no tears shampoo
o 2-4 pacifiers (you will lose them)
o blunt baby nail scissors
o baby brush and comb set
o alcohol wipes (for the cord)
o 4-6 bottles (4 and 8 ounce size)
o bottle brush
o 2 nursing bras (if nursing)
o disposable or washable breast pads (if nursing)
o breast pump (if nursing)
o 6 bibs
o 2-4 hooded bath towels
o 4-6 wash clothes
o 4 bassinet sheets
o 2 waterproof mattress pads
o 2 quilted crib pads
o 3-4 crib sheets
o crib bumper
o 2 comforters (depending on season)
o 2 crib blankets (depending on season)
o 6-8 snap t-shirts or onesies
o 4-6 lightweight sleepers
o 6-8 receiving blankets
o 6-8 baby gowns with pull-ties
o 4-8 pairs of booties or socks
o 1 sweater
o 1 snowsuit (depending on season)

So far we have managed to already gather a small storage supply of baby stuff (but not many things on this list yet!), so that we won't be too overwhelmed with all the expenses when VJ finally comes in October. Mainly through steals I have found on craigslist, we have bought VJ a car seat, baby boppy, some clothes (night gowns/PJs, socks, hats, and onesies), 3 receiving blankets, and a co-sleeper. Tomorrow Dad and I are going to buy a crib with mattress and baby bumper - and then on Saturday we will buy a Exersaucer we found (for $4 - amazing)!

Oh yeah, AND last month, we just bought a new car for the little guy! Since Dad and I both drove trucks until now, we had to buy a baby-friendly automobile in which to put the car seat. Man, this kid is clearly already ruling our lives, and he is barely a 20-week-old fetus! (Obviously I am not complaining too much about this though - Mom got a new car!) This is a picture of our gorgeous new, pre-owned Honda - as it was advertised by the car dealer.

The list of things to buy is endless. The next crucial things on my list to buy are a snap-n-go stroller for our car seat, a bathing basin, and ... I thought I'd never hear myself saying this, but... (omg) a breast pump!

No comments: